Install YouTubuddy on Raspberry Pi
Simple YouTube search engine, downloader and player.
- No web browser required! Easily search for videos and play them with a few clicks.
- Extremely lightweight - one bash script.
- Perfect for downloading/playing batches of videos with a few clicks.
- Supports searches, playlist URLs, and direct YouTube links. In addition, this supports URLs to many other video sites for easy downloading.
To run: Menu -> Internet -> YouTubuddy
To run in a terminal: ~/youtubuddy/gui
Fortunately, YouTubuddy is very easy to install on your Raspberry Pi in just two steps.
- Install Pi-Apps - the best app installer for Raspberry Pi.
- Use Pi-Apps to install YouTubuddy.
For the best chance of this working, we recommend using the latest version of Raspberry Pi OS, which is currently version Bullseye.
Raspberry Pi OS has 32-bit and 64-bit variants, both of which will run on most Raspberry Pi computers, including the Pi 3 and the Pi 4.
YouTubuddy will run on either PiOS 32-bit or 64-bit.
Pi-Apps is a free tool that makes it incredibly easy to install the most useful programs on your Raspberry Pi with just a few clicks.
Open a terminal and run this command to install Pi-Apps:
wget -qO- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Botspot/pi-apps/master/install | bash
Feel free to check out the Pi-Apps source code here: https://github.com/Botspot/pi-apps
Now that you have Pi-Apps installed, it is time to install YouTubuddy.
First launch Pi-Apps from your start menu:
Then click on the Multimedia category.
Now scroll down to find YouTubuddy in the list.
Just click Install and Pi-Apps will install YouTubuddy for you!
Pi-Apps is a free and open source tool made by Botspot and other contributors. Find out more at https://pi-apps.io