Install YouTubuddy on Linux ARM Device
Simple YouTube search engine, downloader and player.
- No web browser required! Easily search for videos and play them with a few clicks.
- Extremely lightweight - one bash script.
- Perfect for downloading/playing batches of videos with a few clicks.
- Supports searches, playlist URLs, and direct YouTube links. In addition, this supports URLs to many other video sites for easy downloading.
To run: Menu -> Internet -> YouTubuddy
To run in a terminal: ~/youtubuddy/gui
Fortunately, YouTubuddy is very easy to install on your Linux ARM Device in just two steps.
- Install Pi-Apps - the best app installer for Linux ARM Device.
- Use Pi-Apps to install YouTubuddy.
For the best chance of this working, we recommend using the latest LTS of Ubuntu or Debian from your hardware manufacturer.
YouTubuddy will run on either an Ubuntu/Debian ARM32 OS or ARM64 OS.
Pi-Apps is a free tool that makes it incredibly easy to install the most useful programs on your Linux ARM Device with just a few clicks.
Open a terminal and run this command to install Pi-Apps:
wget -qO- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Botspot/pi-apps/master/install | bash
Feel free to check out the Pi-Apps source code here: https://github.com/Botspot/pi-apps
Now that you have Pi-Apps installed, it is time to install YouTubuddy.
First launch Pi-Apps from your start menu:
Then click on the Multimedia category.
Now scroll down to find YouTubuddy in the list.
Just click Install and Pi-Apps will install YouTubuddy for you!