Install Scrcpy on Nintendo Switch
Connect and control your Android smartphone.
This is similar to a remote desktop, where you can view the device's screen and navigate it normally.
To run: Menu -> System Tools -> Scrcpy
To run in a terminal: scrcpy
- For more info, run "scrcpy --help"
- The Android device requires at least API 21 (Android 5.0).
- Make sure you enabled ADB debugging on your device.
- The device needs to be connected to the same local network, or via USB.
- On some devices, you also need to enable an additional option to control it using keyboard and mouse.
- If you have issues, try to run the app a couple of times through Terminal.
Fortunately, Scrcpy is very easy to install on your Nintendo Switch in just two steps.
- Install Pi-Apps - the best app installer for Nintendo Switch.
- Use Pi-Apps to install Scrcpy.
For the best chance of this working, we recommend using the latest version of Switchroot L4T Ubuntu Jammy, which is currently version 5.1.2 Ubuntu Jammy.
Scrcpy will run on L4T Ubuntu ARM64.
Pi-Apps is a free tool that makes it incredibly easy to install the most useful programs on your Nintendo Switch with just a few clicks.
Open a terminal and run this command to install Pi-Apps:
wget -qO- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Botspot/pi-apps/master/install | bash
Feel free to check out the Pi-Apps source code here: https://github.com/Botspot/pi-apps
Now that you have Pi-Apps installed, it is time to install Scrcpy.
First launch Pi-Apps from your start menu:
Then click on the Tools category.
Now scroll down to find Scrcpy in the list.
Just click Install and Pi-Apps will install Scrcpy for you!