Install LMMS on Nvidia Jetson
LMMS (Let’s Make Music) is a free, open-source and cross-platform software for making music on your computer, made by musicians, for musicians. It comes with a user-friendly and modern interface.
LMMS also comes with playback instruments, samples, and plugins. It is bundled with ready-to-use content such as a collection of instrument and effect plugins, presets and samples to VST and SoundFont support.
- Compose music on Windows, Linux and macOS
- Sequence, compose, mix and automate songs in one simple interface
- Note playback via MIDI or typing keyboard
- Consolidate instrument tracks using Beat+Bassline Editor
- Fine tune patterns, notes, chords and melodies using Piano Roll Editor
- Full user-defined track-based automation and computer-controlled automation sources
- Import of MIDI files and Hydrogen project files
To run: Menu -> Sound & Video -> LMMS
To run in a terminal: lmms
Fortunately, LMMS is very easy to install on your Nvidia Jetson in just two steps.
- Install Pi-Apps - the best app installer for Nvidia Jetson.
- Use Pi-Apps to install LMMS.
For the best chance of this working, we recommend using the latest version of Nvidia Jetpack for your specific Jetson (Jetson TX1, Jetson Nano, Jetson TX2, Jetson Xavier, or Jetson Orin).
LMMS will run on L4T Ubuntu ARM64.
Pi-Apps is a free tool that makes it incredibly easy to install the most useful programs on your Nvidia Jetson with just a few clicks.
Open a terminal and run this command to install Pi-Apps:
wget -qO- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Botspot/pi-apps/master/install | bash
Feel free to check out the Pi-Apps source code here: https://github.com/Botspot/pi-apps
Now that you have Pi-Apps installed, it is time to install LMMS.
First launch Pi-Apps from your start menu:
Then click on the Multimedia category.
Now scroll down to find LMMS in the list.
Just click Install and Pi-Apps will install LMMS for you!
Pi-Apps is a free and open source tool made by Botspot and other contributors. Find out more at https://pi-apps.io