Install Linux Wifi Hotspot on Nintendo Switch
Linux Wifi Hotspot
A feature-rich wifi hotspot creator for Linux which provides both GUI and command-line interface.
Run GUI from Menu: Menu -> System Tools -> Wifi Hotspot
Run GUI from Terminal: wihotspot
Run CLI from Terminal: create_ap
- Share your wifi like in Windows - Use wifi and enable hotspot at the same time.
- Share a wifi access point from any network interface
- Share wifi via QR code
- MAC filter
- View connected devices
- Includes both CLI and GUI.
- Supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz - You can be connected to a 5GHz network and have your hotspot on a 2.4GHz network.
- Customise wifi channel, Change MAC address, etc.
- Hide SSID
- Customize gateway IP address
- Enable IEEE 80211n, IEEE 80211ac modes
Note: Running Linux Wifi Hotspot from the Menu will turn on your Wifi, becuause trying to start a Hotspot with your Wifi off won't work.
Fortunately, Linux Wifi Hotspot is very easy to install on your Nintendo Switch in just two steps.
- Install Pi-Apps - the best app installer for Nintendo Switch.
- Use Pi-Apps to install Linux Wifi Hotspot.
For the best chance of this working, we recommend using the latest version of Switchroot L4T Ubuntu Jammy, which is currently version 5.1.2 Ubuntu Jammy.
Linux Wifi Hotspot will run on L4T Ubuntu ARM64.
Pi-Apps is a free tool that makes it incredibly easy to install the most useful programs on your Nintendo Switch with just a few clicks.
Open a terminal and run this command to install Pi-Apps:
wget -qO- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Botspot/pi-apps/master/install | bash
Feel free to check out the Pi-Apps source code here: https://github.com/Botspot/pi-apps
Install Linux Wifi Hotspot
Now that you have Pi-Apps installed, it is time to install Linux Wifi Hotspot.
First launch Pi-Apps from your start menu:
Then click on the Tools category.
Now scroll down to find Linux Wifi Hotspot in the list.
Just click Install and Pi-Apps will install Linux Wifi Hotspot for you!